Here are some recent conversations we have had with Henry:
At lunch recently:
Henry: I want to spread it [the peanut butter]
Dad: No, Henry. You are a child.
Henry: No! I Henry Huff.
Dad: Yes, but you are also a child. That means you are still small and you are not big enough to spread your own peanut butter
[a little later]
Dad: Do you want some milk? It will help you grow strong.
Henry: I get bigger, and Bigger, and BIGGER. Then I spread my own peanut butter.
This morning at 6 AM, Dad walks into Henry's room because he is awake and noisy:
Dad: Henry, it is not morning yet; Can you go back to sleep?
[Henry gets up, looks behind the blinds though the window]
Henry: The clouds are white; It's morning.
[Dad's caught. By the way, to Henry white clouds = day and blue clouds = night.]
Our New House:
Here's a pic from Google Street View of our home which is located in the River Bottoms in Provo:
The owners have accepted out offer and we close on July 7. It is smaller than it looks because it doesn't have a basement (same with the rest of the homes in the River Bottoms because of the high water table). It's 2,500 square feet with a nice sized, finished yard and a number of mature trees (mostly Aspens.)
The neighborhood is picturesque and it's 100 yards from the church, a mile from Costco and University Mall, 3 miles from BYU (great commute), close to another great shopping area with a theater, close to the Provo River running trail, and close to grocery shopping and parks. The schools are also very good.
It looks nice and neutral inside; not fancy or expensive, but attractive and functional. Before we move in, we plan to knock out the wall between the family room and the formal dining room to give the family more living space and we will also knock out an entry to the living room from the kitchen to open up the downstairs some.
Overall, we are thrilled with the house, yard, neighborhood, general location, and most of all, the price. Of all the houses we found that we felt could meet our needs and wants, this was one of the least expensive.
1 comment:
Hello. This is Daela, Steven's cousin. I found your link on Emily's site. I hope you don't mind if I check out yours too--it is fun to keep up with what everyone in the family is doing since I don't see you guys that often. Anyway, I just wanted to say hello. Your children are darling.
Post a Comment